It didn't take them too long to fall asleep, even with their new head gear.
Whenever Britton or Jenna are working on homework or practicing the piano there is Korinne right in the middle of it all. If it is homework time Korinne insists that she work on her "homework" as well, if it's piano she MUST be in the room at all times (preferably on the bench with them), and if they are reading then Korinne has a book out and is "reading", too. Last night we were reading scriptures and just like usual Jenna took her turn then Britton took his turn and just like always Korinne wanted HER turn. Usually Adam just reads a verse very slowly so she can repeat each word while following along with her finger, but last night she insisted that she read it all by herself (thank you very much). So, she started moving her finger along a sentance of words and out came, "Alma and Rapunzel went to the city. . ." Britton laughed so hard he started crying. Jenna thought it was the best thing she had heard all day and Korinne wasn't really sure why they were laughing but appreciated the opportunity to really show off her "reading" skills. We look forward to hearing more about Alma and Rapunzel in the future.
7 comments:
"Alma and Rapunzel" - too funny! That girl has some serious personality!
I remember that I HATED sleeping in sponge rollers when I was a kid, so I've never tried them on my girls. Maybe I should give it a shot.
That puts a whole new spin on family scripture time! Too funny!
That could well be the funniest thing I have ever heard. That Korinne is hilarious...times ten!
Cute! I sure hope we get to see you guys sometime this year! Kiddies are growing up so fast.
Benson was the same way, and before he could really read he would submit phrases to our scripture reading too. One of my favorites was "And it came to pass that Ne-five took a bath." Love those moments. (& love taking the time to document them too!)
that is classic.
Korinne is awesome! I've tried to talk olivia into curlers at night but the silly girl HATES her hair curly! She likes it strait as a board. sometimes I can convince her to let me curl the ends if it's looking too ratty. I'll have to show her the picture of your girls...maybe she'll change her mind when she sees how cute they are.
They still sell sponge curlers? It is good to know that Korinne is getting started early with her fun storytelling. . . just like her mom.
Post a Comment