On Thursday the kids were out of school so they got to go stay at Aunt Kim's overnight while Adam and I went to Park City for an awards dinner for his company. Every year his company has an awards dinner for the top producers in the company and every year Adam gets a little plaque and a figurative high five and that's it, see you next year. We hear about how other companies send their top producers on trips and give out really strange things like bonuses at Christmas time. Anyway, it looks like his company might have finally gotten the memo, or at least hired someone who had a clue. This year they put us up in the Park City Marriott and had a big dinner at an expensive steakhouse, and gave all of the top producers a travel voucher to go along with their plaque. (Which we already used, of course. After so many years of getting nothing we were at Disneyland within a week of getting the voucher in the mail) I must admit I felt kind of like a country bumpkin staying at such a nice hotel and eating at such an expensive restaurant. I about had a heart attack when person after person at our table turned down a box to take their extra food home. Their plates were FULL of steak and lots of other good food. Who does that? My idea of going all out is Cafe Rio so throwing away a $35.00 steak is completely foreign to me.
The kids had fun with Aunt Kim and Grandma and Grandpa P and we were able to go to dinner on Friday night with some good friends from our old neighborhood. It was a fun weekend indeed.
The following conversation took place during our dinner tonight:
Korinne, "Can I have another roll?"
Mom, "Sorry, they are all gone."
Korinne, "But I need one!"
Jenna, "Korinne you don't need a roll, you just want a roll. All you really need is food, water, and air!" (If you want to get technical a roll is food, but not the point that Jenna was making)
Dad, "Wow Jenna, where did you learn that?"
Jenna, "Britton"
Slam! Parents get zero credit for teaching the difference between needs and wants. . .better luck next time, I guess. It's a good thing Britton's got our backs.
5 comments:
OK, I am feeling so much better about the goofy things that I forget these days! Thanks for fessing up.
Dude, you are getting old! :)
We've had that exact same conversation at our kitchen table. Ben's class learned all about wants vs. needs last year at school and for months he would lecture the girls anytime they said something like "I need a crayon." In this house, school teachers get all the credit. Some days I want to scream when Ben comes home and says "Mrs. Cooney said we should (fill in the blank with any one of 100 things I've been telling him for 5 years)." It's like it carries no weight until his teacher says it.
We loved having the kids around for a few hours. They are so smart and fun! The comb in the mouth thing is a good one. It's like when I'm looking for the keys in my hand. Thanks for your help this weekend.
Yep, you're old. Oldy but a goody.
That sounds just like something I would do. I like to call it mommy brain. I have nothing else to really "blame" it on.
Post a Comment