Yesterday she got an "owie" on the bottom of her foot. Being true to the new Korinne she cried on and off all night long, refused to walk last night or this morning (except when she forgot and danced and played with Jenna), and asked for a new band aid every 90 seconds. When I declared that I was no longer in the band aid giving business she figured out how to put them on herself.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
"But it hurts SO bad, Mom!"
I think we may have seriously traumatized our daughter--Korinne has turned into a hypochondriac virtually overnight. Recently she stumbled and got a little scrape on her knee. Usually a band aid and a kiss from Mom would have her happily on her way. (Ahh, those were the good old days) But, that was the old Korinne, the new Korinne cried for about 1 1/2 hours straight (complete with crocodile tears) hobbled everywhere she went for 2 days (except for when she was having fun with the other kids and 'forgot' about her life threatening knee injury), asked for 50 different band aids (surprisingly they never stayed on when she wouldn't leave them alone) and made a new request for ice to place on the wound about every 5 hours or so.

This was one of the many moments she found herself miraculously healed from her serious foot injury. She was moovin' and groovin' to some great music with Jenna. One of my favorite things about my new hypochondriac daughter is that I get to find band aids used and discarded all over my house. What's not to love about that?
Good times, my friends, good times. I'll let Korinne know you are all thinking of her and wishing her a big "Get Well Soon."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Give her our condolences for us, would you?
I love her convenient forgetfulness.
Lately when Jess is upset, the cause often turns to a physical ailment. So she may first cry because she didn't get her way and I ignore her. Then she'll say she's crying because her foot hurts in an attempt to get some love.
It's a new way to get extra attention. Try to reward some other behavior with extra love and attention. Good luck!
Post a Comment