Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jenna!

It was a day fit for a princess. Jenna turned 6 years old yesterday and said it was her "best birthday ever!" Since she and her neighborhood friends all have afternoon Kindergarten we planned her princess party during the morning of her actual birthday. I'm the first to admit that I'm party planning challenged, but between balloons & streamers, princess costumes, tiaras, magic wands, a special crowning ceremony where each girl was introduced as a princess and the others clapped, decorating cupcakes & eating ice cream and creating things with pastel colored mini marshmallows and toothpicks the girls declared it a raging success and all said they had the BEST time. Parties are not my forte, but its nice to know I was able to somehow pull it off. Jenna was pretty happy about it and I guess that is all that matters, right?

The girls after they had been crowned princesses and received their tiaras and wands.
Jenna requested her favorite dinner--tortellini, which unfortunately is the one meal that both Britton and Korinne dislike immensely. Jenna is THE pickiest eater (much to my chagrin) so it is a little ironic that her favorite meal is the one meal disliked by everyone else. After dinner we opened family presents: an outfit and the DVD High School Musical 3. After watching part of the movie it was time for bed. Definitely a great day if you are turning 6.

7 comments:

Heather said...

And I'm sure Korinne loved every minute of being included in this "big girl party". Happy Birthday Jenna!

Tiffany Salter said...

Yeah Jenna! We are glad that you had such a fun birthday, sorry we were late calling.

Tay and Jen said...

That sounds like a truly princess party! I'm so glad Jenna thought it was the best ever! Happy Birthday to Jenna!

Malinda said...

Happy Birthday to Jenna! The party looks/sounds fabulous. Korinne looks cute hanging out with the big girls.

Nate and I had the exact same reaction to your post . . . "watched part of a movie and then went to bed???" . . . how do their kids let them get away with that?!?!? Obviously, that would never fly in this house.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Sounds like a party fit for princesses! I think Girl parties are so much easier than boys. Good job! I still can't believe she is only 6.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Happy Birthday to Jenna!

Rob said...

Way to go, Hillary! That sounds like quite the planning for such a great party! I personally love planning parties but usually there is always one kid melt-down at the kid parties. I do not know what to think about that. But good job for doing it. I am sure it was fabulous! And great ideas for the party! We miss you guys! -Diedre and Caleb Gray