Sunday, February 8, 2009

10,000 and counting

In the last few days our little blog has hit quite a milestone. . .10,000 hits. Ok, so about 5,000 of those were me, but it's nice to know people care enough to spend a few moments of their time checking our blog. Comments are the icing on the cake, of course. Thanks for making me smile everyone!

Yesterday my kids heard the phrase that any child who isn't old enough to stay at home alone dreads, "Come on kids, we are going to Home Depot" Agghhh! For small children a trip to The Home Depot with two parents who are constantly saying things like" I don't know, what do you think?" for 3 hours is enough to drive you batty. They were troopers, they really were. At one point Adam was having a long conversation with an employee so I took Britton and Jenna to the appliances and said, "Let's try and find a fridge that looks like ours!" making it sound like it would be the most exciting game ever. Britton just looked at me and said, "I've been here so long I can't even remember what our fridge looks like!" He meant it as a joke and was pleased when I burst out laughing. What a character! We left with some wall decals for Jenna's room so on our way to the car she cheerfully declared it was the most fun she has EVER had at the Home Depot.

Adam is playing hide and seek with the kids right now. Earlier today he played an entire 2 hour game of Settlers of Catan with Britton and Jenna. It's not an easy game to play with a 5 and 7 year old, but Adam has the most patience of anyone I've ever met and had them playing the game like pros. He's my hero.

4 comments:

Linn said...

Okay, I seriously just busted up laughing about what Britton said. That is hilarious!

Malinda said...

Britton is funny! That makes me glad that our Home Depot days are over. Our kids called it the “piece of wood store,” and we were there at least once a week when we were finishing our basement. Thank everything for car-shaped shopping carts and kids with low standards of entertainment.

Tay and Jen said...

Wow! That does show patience playing 'Settlers' with young children! What a dad!
Jen

Tricia said...

Britton - you are funny! I miss you buddy!

Hilary - way to meet the milestone. I guess people like a good laugh. . . you are quite popular.