Monday, February 16, 2009

Under the Sea


The Pacific ocean is "enormous and vast". These were Britton's words during our first stop this morning to see the ocean. It was their first trip to the ocean and they loved it even if it was too cold to swim.


If you aren't much for crowds than today was the day to go to Sea World. At times we felt that we really had the park to ourselves, it was amazing! It was as if we were on a first name basis with the staff and the 20 other people in attendance. The kids were giddy when they got to see all of the cool animals without having to wait for anyone or anything. In fact we got to see all of the major attractions in record time! Now I know you are all wondering what our secret was because it was President's Day after all. Well, I'm not really sure but it may have to do with the weather. . . just a little bit. Ok, so it rained a little. Did I say a little? Better make that a torrential 4 hour downpour with a lot of wind and cold temperatures.


We have the pictures to prove that we were one of the brave few at Sea World today.


The kids were great and didn't complain saying only positive things even though it felt like we spent 4 hours standing in a cold shower. After seeing a few shows and getting to see Shamu. . .

. . .we decided enough was enough and headed for the car to change our clothes. Adam's socks had enough water in them to fill a glass. I said, "Who had fun? Raise your hand" and everyone raised a wet and numb limb--a very successful day by any standards.

4 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Would you rather have crowds or major rain? It's a toss up, but I'm glad y'all had fun anyway!

Malinda said...

At least you wouldn't have to worry about sitting in the "splash zone" during the shows since you were already soaked. Just the same, I hope the weather lets up a little for the rest of your trip.

larah said...

Looks like fun! I hope that the rain starts to lighten up for you guys! What a bummer. Love the pictures!

Carrie said...

At least there is a fantastic up side to going to Sea World in the rain. I am still jealous even though it is raining.