Friday, February 6, 2009

Fab Abs

Last week I noticed that my abs could use a little work. Instead of looking like a "6 pack" they were looking more like a "keg". So I did what any self respecting Mother of 3 would do--I went to the Internet and bought a DVD with several 10 minute abdominal workouts. 10 minutes of ab work a day, I can do that. My DVD arrived and yesterday was the first day of the rest of my ab life. I did the first 10 min. workout and felt better immediately. No problem, I thought, I'll be back to my former ab self in no time! When I woke up this morning I realized that there WAS a problem. There are more muscles in my mid-section than I realized. I know this because every last one of them was SORE! It hurt to get out of bed and went downhill from there. I'm still determined to continue with my fab ab plan, however, I'm just going to have to give myself a bit more recovery time in between workouts. Watch out _________(Please insert the name of your favorite fitness guru here) I'll have your abs in no time!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a DVD I could benefit from in about 4 months! My current exercise routine consists of walking up the stairs once a day...and no more!

Kim said...

You are so funny! I am definitely lacking in the fab abs department. I have an old vintage abs of steel videotape somewhere maybe I better pull it out so I can join your fab ab program.

Malinda said...

I have what Cyd once called "the post-pregnancy wrinkled plastic wrap look." No bikinis for me. I'm fine with it.

Kristen said...

I do miss our weekly exercises with our fearless leader and ab queen, Amy. Good luck with your routine.

larah said...

What dedication! You'll have to let me know if it works for you!

Emily said...

Did you have a 6 pack? I'm impressed. Even in my pre-pregnacy years, that was not in my vocabulary. You're inspiring!

Carrie said...

You go girl. Where can I get some of your motivation?

Tricia said...

You've inspired me to do a sit-up tonight.