
We did it, we survived the Wasatch Back! It took the Cho Mamas 27 hrs 38 min. and 45.8 seconds to complete the 188 mile course and that includes a couple of botched handoffs and a 15 min. detour when a volunteer misdirected one of our runners at exchange 22. I had an easy 3.5 miles at about 2:30 p.m., a 7 mile run at 11:00 p.m. and a 6.1 gradual uphill run at about 8 a.m. It was all super duper fun with the exception of a few moments at around 4 a.m. when for a brief moment I questioned my own sanity. My team was awesome. The whole Wasatch Back environment is crazy with costumes and decorated cars and a lot of energy and my team didn't disappoint.
I'm not sure what possessed me to strike a muscle pose for this picture, but I did, and sadly those are not white running tights I am wearing, my legs really are that white! If you want to feel short hang out with an entire team of people over 6 ft. tall. We were missing 3 people in this picture, but the other 3 were just as tall.
Here is our Cho Mama car:

We had a LOT of orange "vintage" clothing and positive energy and we laughed the entire time. I was glad we opted for an obnoxious color because it made spotting each other among the thousands of runners a lot easier. We could literally see Gibbs for miles in his orange get-up!
We finished the race in a downpour of cold rain which put a little damper on the finish line festivities. The only thing I didn't like was that we only saw our Van #1 people for about 15 minutes out of the 27 hour race, but all in all it was a fabulous experience and I would totally do it again which is good because in our car there was a lot of "next year we've got to do this" talk going on. I pushed myself to the max and had the sore muscles to prove it. Hopefully in the future I will be even better trained and ready to do even more relaxing and "cho"ing. :)
I'm not sure what possessed me to strike a muscle pose for this picture, but I did, and sadly those are not white running tights I am wearing, my legs really are that white! If you want to feel short hang out with an entire team of people over 6 ft. tall. We were missing 3 people in this picture, but the other 3 were just as tall.Here is our Cho Mama car:

We had a LOT of orange "vintage" clothing and positive energy and we laughed the entire time. I was glad we opted for an obnoxious color because it made spotting each other among the thousands of runners a lot easier. We could literally see Gibbs for miles in his orange get-up!
We finished the race in a downpour of cold rain which put a little damper on the finish line festivities. The only thing I didn't like was that we only saw our Van #1 people for about 15 minutes out of the 27 hour race, but all in all it was a fabulous experience and I would totally do it again which is good because in our car there was a lot of "next year we've got to do this" talk going on. I pushed myself to the max and had the sore muscles to prove it. Hopefully in the future I will be even better trained and ready to do even more relaxing and "cho"ing. :)
9 comments:
Way to go! Abigail says "good job aunt owie!"
You guys were all awesome-I'm glad it was a good experience for everyone! It was fun seeing you all at the finish line. Congratulations on a job well done!
You are awesome! And, those white legs are seriously amazing!
Wow! I am in awe! That is one thing that I can honestly say is not on my list of things to do in my lifetime. Congratulations!
You weren't the only female were you?
I am trying to decide if I am looking forward to my race or not. The jury is still out!
Glad you had fun!
Crazy enough to be in Vermont...
I am beyond impressed! And you must be an amazing runner to be asked to participate with all of those guys. Wahoo!
You go girl! So impressed!
It was so fun watching you guys on Sat. Dad and I were bursting our buttons at such a stupendous accomplishment. Congratulations!
Post a Comment