Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Divide and Conquer

What do you do when both sides of the family have their reunions on the same weekend in locations 5 hours apart? You divide and conquer, of course. Fortunately the P family reunion started on Thursday so my kids had about 24 hours to play with their cousins and family in town from China, Florida, Vermont, and Idaho before the C Family reunion started on Friday evening.
Here are the kids before heading out to the other reunion:

It's so hard to say goodbye.



I stayed with my family and Adam took the kids to Idaho for his family reunion which involved a boat (ooooooh, ahhhhhhh). It was our kids first experience with a boat and they decided they liked it. . . a lot.




Here are more cousins on the other side of the family.

All in all I spent 4 days without Adam and the kids. You would think that would give me all sorts of leisurely time but I was so busy I hardly had time to even relax! Saturday night I went out on the town with my sister, Libbie, and my brother Taylor and his wife Jen. It involved being super wild and crazy, (i.e. dancing in the car to stupid songs and coordinating dance moves with my sister in super dorky fashion) getting ice cream, going to a movie, and playing the game "Settlers of Catan." Perhaps I shouldn't tell you that we were all in bed by 10:30 p.m. It might taint my wild image.

Sunday was full of church stuff and Monday I went to a K-1 Crew roommate reunion. We lived together at college 14 years ago but we still get together a couple times a year. (They'll vouch for me and my "wild and crazy" image. . .Ok, so maybe just the existence of my, as my sister puts it- inner dork)

Now it is back to normal and time to get caught up on laundry. If all goes as planned we will be getting sod for our yard tomorrow! Yay. Oh, and you are ALL invited to our sod laying party. :-) I'm very happy to finally have a yard although I might feel differently after we have to mow it for the first time and actually do yard work. It has been kind of nice to have a little break.

5 comments:

Malinda said...

Those pictures make me want to go boating. What a party! Sorry you had to miss it :), but I'm glad you were in town for our party.

Is it just me, or do I look 2 inches shorter than everyone else in that picture? Funny that I didn't notice it when I posted those pictures, but it was the first thing I thought when I saw it on your blog. It must be a side effect of the "use a piano bench as a tripod" idea.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Hey...it was at least 11:30p!

Hilary said...

Was it? I guess I was too tired to get it right.

Kristen said...

Sorry we missed your sod party. We would have liked to help out but didn't know in time. Dad was laying some sod in our front yard today patching up a low spot. It was about 6 sq. ft. and he's pooped. I bet you guys are too.

Tricia said...

It was sure fun seeing you! We got home 2:30 a.m. this morning and are almost unpacked! I'm glad our kids were able to spend time with your kids before they headed off to the other reunion. Sorry, I'm too sleepy to think of something witty to say. Maybe it will come to me later.