Sunday, June 7, 2009

Are we there yet?

Warning--Do not read this if you have a weak stomach!

Britton has an amazing ability to be perfectly fine and then randomly and with only a millisecond of warning throw up all over the place, and then be fine again. We first witnessed this phenomenon when we lived in Georgia and were over an hour away from our house driving in the car. He threw up everywhere and being ill prepared to deal with it Adam purchased a new outfit for him to wear at the first store we came to while I cleaned everything up with wet wipes. About a year or so ago we were in Costco right in front of the flowers when without warning he said, "I feel like I'm going to throw up" and proceeded to do so. Let's just say we did not make any new friends at Costco that day. He was completely fine after he threw up and I have no idea what brought it on. Well, today we make a quick day trip to Rexburg, Idaho to attend the baby blessing of my sister's new baby. This evening we were about 40 minutes away from home when I heard those infamous words, "Mom, I think I need to throw up." From past experience I immediately grabbed a plastic grocery bag and tried to get it to him as fast as I could, but it was already too late. He threw up everywhere and over everything! Seriously, how much can come out of a boy that small? And it was another isolated incident-totally fine before and after. I did have a few wet wipes that I used to wipe off his face and hands, but with nothing else to clean up the mess and being a Sunday we felt our best option was to get home as fast as we could (with the windows down, of course) and just deal with it there. I've got to hand it to the girls, Britton was sitting in between them when it happened and they didn't say one word of complaint about being surrounded by puke for 40 minutes. Just another fun family moment. Anyone else have a kid who can spontaneously puke at the most inconvenient times?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry Britton got sick. Maybe he was car sick--the roads e kind of wind when you go the Preston route. We loved being with your cute family today. Thanks for coming!

Smilin' sunshine said...

I am so sorry...never had to deal with that.

Hopefully you have a good cleaning mechanism to get it out of your car!

Tiffany Salter said...

That brings back fond memories of being with all y'all in Georgia in the McDonalds at the zoo when Britton threw up everywhere. (Least I think it was the zoo anyway.) Good times.

Malinda said...

I'm so impressed that your girls didn't complain. If someone toots in our car, we hear "Gross . . . I think I'm going to die!" for the next 20 minutes. I can't even imagine what having vomit in the car would do.

larah said...

Wow! At least when he's done, he's done! No sick in bed for the next 24 hours.