Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ahhh

We made a quick trip to SL this weekend so Adam could co-host a client appreciation Flag Day breakfast on Saturday morning with my Mom. The girls both fell asleep Friday night on the couch. I love how Korinne has her arm around Jenna. When she first started sleeping in a big girl bed a long time ago she used to crawl into Jenna's bed more often than not and I would find her sleeping with her arm around Jenna. She really loves her big sister.

The rain has really been putting a damper on our plans to get our yard in. I've never known it to rain nearly every day for a couple of weeks before. Oh, and guess what is in the forecast for this next week? You guessed it, more rain. If I didn't know better I would seriously think we had moved to Seattle. Even with the rain summer has been going well. The kids have been doing their daily reading and piano practicing along with their summer chores. Each Monday we are doing "zone trainings" meaning Britton and Jenna learn a new cleaning skill each week. Last week we spent quite a bit of time going over EXACTLY how to clean the mudroom and downstairs bathroom. Tomorrow will be vacuuming and garbage collection and the next week will be the upstairs bathroom, etc. They have both been very receptive to my in depth trainings. They are still kind of young so I don't expect perfection, but I'm determined to get them trained on a lot of new things before the end of the summer. Let's just say my days of feeling like a maid are numbered.

I'm not really sure what happened but it looks like I will be reprising my role as Primary President here in our new ward. So, after a short 8 month break from this particular calling I'm "back in the saddle again." Good times. (Adam still hasn't stopped laughing about it, he's very supportive that way)

4 comments:

Malinda said...

Wow, I need to follow your lead with the zone trainings and daily chore enforcement. Our chore chart has gone to the birds lately and it is certainly affecting the house (and my sanity).

Congratulations on the new calling. Did I call it or what? You will do a fabulous job!

Tiffany Salter said...

Wow- good luck with that whole primmary president thing.

larah said...

Wow! This is why moving doesn't appeal to me at the moment. I just don't want to repeat certain callings. You will do great...you did before so why wouldn't you do great again?

I love that you are teaching your children the ABC's of cleaning. Let me know how that goes!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Yeah, I'm so glad your primary pres, you can share your ideas!! I'm not so much the natural leader that you are and that part is hard for me.I bet you have a BIG primary in a Utah ward! You'll do amazing!