Britton didn't make the tickets himself but I still didn't have the heart to tell him the spelling was wrong. About 20 min. before the show began Britton came into the house and said, "Mom, Quinn and T.J. are going to pretend to fight and then London and Brinlie are going to split up the fight. . .is that too violent for me to watch?" I smiled on the inside, "Um, if they are just pretending for the show I guess it is OK this time." Much relieved he thanked me and ran outside again. Gotta love that Britton. He has such a tender heart, it would kill him to find out he was doing something bad.
At the designated time the parents started to emerge and the crowd began to form. Britton warmed the crowd up with knock knock jokes.
The show was about 20 seconds long and just in case someone missed it the first time they did 2 repeat performances.
Here are some of the kids holding up their tickets. Jenna decided to capitalize on the crowd and tried her hand at selling rocks. If you bought 9 you got the 10th free. She had quite the selection of both rocks and leaves. Jenna has always had a thing for rocks. She is the only person I know who routinely describes them with words like "beautiful" and "gorgeous".
Last night at the dinner table we were talking about how all of the kids were born in odd years and both Adam and I were born in an even year. (What? You guys don't talk about this stuff at dinner?!?) I summed it up with a teasing remark, "So that means you guys are ODD and Dad and I aren't." Britton and Jenna laughed but Korinne put her hands on her hips and said, "I'm NOT odd. . .I'm weird." That got an even bigger laugh from all of us so she decided to change it and said "No, I'm not weird. . .I'm funny!" Now THAT is a true statement.
What a character!
4 comments:
What a fun neighborhood gathering! Sounds like a bunch of creative kids. I am excited to see your house!!
That just brings back all the memories of the plays we had the opportunity to watch during our FHE get togethers at your moms house. Where were the costumes? You will have to start to collect some I guess!
That is hilarious! I love that the tickets were discounted from one cent to free.
I wonder if Emily and Jenna would be friends in real life. They sound so much alike!
What fun times for the kids. I love hearing the stories of their activities and personalities. Big K is a crack-up.
Post a Comment