Here is the spread before we dug in (minus a few salads that were placed on the table after I snapped the photo). Every year it is pretty much the same and every year it is AWESOME!! Seriously we look forward to the food frenzy all year long.
I had to have evidence to support such a sensational claim. I bowled a 135!! That's me "HC" and that, my friends, is MY score! (I have plenty of eye witnesses) After 20 plus years of bowling defeat I have claimed the title of all titles--The winner of the women's DI trophy for the year 2008. And it would be all mine. . .if we could just find it, that is. (We are pretty sure it was lost in 2005 or 2006.) Anyway, I am determined to live it up because I know it will never happen again!
Now, moving on to the Settlers Tournament. We played 4 games in all with the quote of the night being, "We are not here to make friends." It was intense.
Adam won 1 game
Dustin won 1 game
Jake, Marci, Larah, won 0 games.
None of us made any friends, but we all had a lot of fun.
That leads us to the fireworks portion of the evening (I'm just moving with the natural progression of things here). We didn't have any cops show up this year, that is always a good sign. (I'm kidding, of course. . .well, kind of. .)
The boys playing wii.
We had a great time and missed everyone who lives too far away to attend. Hopefully we'll see you back one of these years. Until next time. . .
7 comments:
Thanks a lot, I don't think I have ever been so homesick for Thanksgiving in Idaho in my whole life! I am glad y'all had such a fun time. Maybe next year...
Those are some really unique Thanksgiving traditions. What a party!
Good work on the bowling score. I think I am better matched to Heather's skill level (assuming she is HM).
Good times! Every dog has it's day. Lucky for you I wasn't there for the big day, so you could have yours!
I like the addition of the Settler's fest.
Glad to see you made it home all right. Next time I plan on winning at least one game! Especially if we're staying up that late to play! Hope to see you guys again soon!
I'm impressed with your bowling skills. We've gone a few times in the past year and I'm lucky to break 100.
Your Thanksgiving was certainly a little more eventful than ours. I don't think I'll make it a tradition to sit on the floor in a restraunt (that was the norm in Korea) and eat kimchi. I'm glad to see that more and more festivities are being added to the program.
I knew there was a reason we were friends - you bowl like me!! Can I bowl with your family sometime? I also cheer, yell, scream and shout if I break 100 in bowling. What a fun Thanksgiving and I love the traditions - I'll have to remember them. Fireworks are the best :)
Post a Comment