The kids had Thursday and Friday off from school this year so we headed down south to visit Adam's parents and spend Halloween at their house. It was unique in that we didn't have any school Halloween activities so last night was their one and only shot to get dressed in their costumes. We woke up yesterday morning to orange pumpkin shaped pancakes made to look like jack-o-lanterns with chocolate chips.
Now before you go starting thinking I'm all cool and stuff (because I know you were) I must confess that it was all Gramma. Unfortunately I'm as "holiday challenged" as ever as it would never have crossed my mind to be so festive with breakfast on Halloween. The kids loved it because not only were the pancakes like pumpkins but Gramma had the plates on black cat place mats. Fun stuff.
The weather rocked! Adam and I walked around with the kids in short sleeved shirts. I don't remember the last time that happened! After trick-or-treating we took the kids to visit Grammie in the hospital. She had surgery earlier that day.
She was in good spirits and enjoyed seeing the kids in their costumes.
The best part of Halloween. . .sorting the loot!
Britton decided to be an Animal Explorer for Halloween. Jenna was Cinderella (again) and Korinne was also a Princess. We were very happy that she was content to be a "generic" princess using one of our normal dress ups from home as her costume. Here they are with their cousins Ashlan, Kaly and Aidan ready to go trick-or-treating.
1 comment:
Were there any 'trading posts' going on? Just wondering if the tradition is alive and well in the Campbell household....
Post a Comment