Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Assistant Mom

Sometimes it is nice to have an assistant Mom. The last few mornings Jenna has taken it upon herself to get Korinne dressed and ready for the day. She even changes Korinne's diaper! (She does leave the stinky ones to the professionals, however). This is nice because Korinne is determined to dislike anything I pick out for her. Even when she picks out her own clothes she goes through 4 or 5 things before she actually leaves them on. This is an area where Jenna has some serious clout. Jenna (a.k.a. the fashion diva) only has to say, "Korinne this would look SO cute" and Korinne is sold. Yesterday they popped down the stairs in matching outfits. Jeans with dark purple shirts. They were happy, I was happy. Then, in her attempts to leave no assistant Mom duty undone she took it upon herself to teach Korinne about the alphabet. Here they are on the computer doing their lessons:


(On a side note, for any of you Kindergarten Moms there is a fabulous website http://www.starfall.com/ that is great for reading)

It was at this time I went upstairs to get something and saw that Jenna had made my bed. It wasn't perfect, but she did a pretty good job!


So, I've decided my assistant Mom is a keeper!
And now let me say a few words about Korinne. Korinne is at a stage when it seems like every morning she looks a little bit bigger and a little bit older. She is growing too fast for me! Her hair had gotten really long and we were thinking about taking her in for a haircut. Yesterday she got gum in her hair (normally I would spend a few minutes talking about how much I HATE gum, but I will spare you my soapbox speech at this time) so I took it as a sign and before we could even take "before" pictures she was off to get her hair cut. It looks super cute, but she still insisted on ponytails this morning, so I did my best.

Isn't she looking a lot older these days?

5 comments:

Malinda said...

We love starfall. It is tons better than most of the educational computer games that I've bought my kids and it is free.

Emily and Jenna sound so similar. I'm hoping this good helper/good example big sister thing can keep going for the next 12 years.

Tiffany Salter said...

Korinne is getting to be such a big gril! I dread it when Abigail decides to help me so it makes me feel better to hear that she might develop skills some day and become actually helpful.

Tay and Jen said...

If this whole maid situation doesn't work out maybe Jenna can do an extended stay with us. It would be great because she speaks English and she would probably be okay about the $2/hour pay. It's a win win AND we would get to see her everyday!

Korinne really does look older in this picture, big time. Amazing what three weeks will do!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Send her my way. I could put her to use!

Camille said...

So, where can I pick me up one of those housekeeper, nanny, tutor things you got? Cute.