Last night it was Jenna's turn to do the dishes. Jenna can be very particular about things. When she is in the mood to clean-watch out! (Unfortunately she isn't always in the mood, which is a bummer because she is so good at it when she is) I was helping her unload the dishwasher and handed her some of the kids cups and plates that go in a special drawer that the kids can reach so they can always get what they need by themselves. It was in total disarray, of course, and Jenna couldn't stand to leave it like it was. She wouldn't finish unloading the dishwasher until it was arranged like this:
I went upstairs to show the clip to Adam and by the time I got back Jenna had realized that the "Jenna rinse, Korinne load" plan wasn't working too well. She told Korinne to rinse while she fixed the loading situation. Korinne thought this was a great plan as it allowed her to play in the water and have full control over the hand spray apparatus. (Notice how she took off her shirt because it was too wet to keep wearing)
I know this is kind of a random post, but these are the small things I want to remember. Korinne has never seen a kitchen sink she didn't like to play in and Jenna is really developing her organizational and cleaning skills. I can pretty much guarantee that Britton was off playing something sports related with Adam. It is all so predictable now, but before we know it it will all be different. Here's to the normal, everyday things that make our lives great!
7 comments:
first time we've seen the kitchen. gorgeous. (kids cute too.) post more house pics...who knows how long it'll be before we get a chance to see them in person.
Nice kitchen! I love the sunset through the windows.
We can always tell if it was Emily's dishes day when we open our cupboards. She is into patterns, so all of the kid cups are stacked just right . . . red, green, blue, blue, red, green, blue, blue. She is a Heather in the making. :)
Amiga, que lindas essas meninas... que organizada!!!!
Dá pra eu aprender ser assim também???
Amei a vista de sua janela... é linda a paisagem!
Parece ser um lugar lindo!
Amo você!
Huh, I need to crack the whip on Benson. He leads a life that is much too cushy. He's never done the dishes before.
I agree---more house pictures, please! Give us a virtual tour!
Get that girl a label-maker and she could really do some organizational damage.
Simon & I are jealous that you can see the sunset out your kitchen window! Nice kitchen! Looks like the girls are settling right in at their new house!
Keep up the training, and enjoy it while they are interested in doing it. Cute kids.
Post a Comment