Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Did you feel it?

I'm pretty sure that at 11:53 a.m. today the earth stopped turning for just a millisecond, did you feel it? That was the exact moment that I turned 32 years old. Yea for me! Adam brought me breakfast in bed. A cup of hot chocolate (essential), a glass of orange juice (you can never get too much vitamin C), and 2 packages of Little Debbie Nutty Bars. The most perfect breakfast EVER! (You do realize that calories don't count on your birthday, don't you?) If you don't know me that well you may be taken back by my weird breakfast preferences. You see, I've been weird about breakfast for a LONG time. I totally grossed some college roommates out by eating bean burritos with cottage cheese globbed on the top at 6:45 in the morning. I prefer dinner leftovers to ANY kind of traditional breakfast foods. If there happens to be candy or chocolate in my house (which I don't let myself keep very often, obviously) it is the first thing I eat in the morning, and cold pizza for breakfast on Mother's Day is getting to be non-negotiable. At first I wanted chocolate cake donuts for breakfast on my big day, but the Little Debbies were on sale so I made the last minute adjustment. As long as it is super chocolately, I'm totally flexible. :-)

Having a Tuesday birthday was perfect because on Tuesday nights kids eat free at Firehouse Pizzaria. It's close to home and uber-yummy and we don't know any good babysitters around here yet so it worked out great to bring the kids along.

The waitress brought out waters for everyone and then the girls got root beer with their kids meals. The next thing I knew Korinne looked like this:


Water on the right, root beer on the left. She's a funny kid. Oh, and if you ask Korinne about today she will tell you that it was HER birthday and she is turning 6. By golly that's her story and she's stickin' to it!!

Thanks for all of the B-day calls, e-mails, cards, and facebook greetings! It has been a great 32 years and I'm looking forward to many more!

10 comments:

Cydnee said...

I love that a 32-yr. old mother of three is still announcing to the world her excitement on the day of HER birth. Happy National Day of Rejoicing!

Jenn S said...

Happy b-day! Sounds like you had a great day! Love the breakfast choices! Email me at jennifjs@hotmail.com and I will invite you to our now-private blog....

Jenn

Jeff & Liberty said...

You weirdo.

Tay and Jen said...

It's nice to see that the girls are big root beer fans like their uncle. Root beer is hard to get in China. You can only get it at the imports shop and it costs an arm and a leg so I've definitely had to cut back...but Coke is cheap!

Malinda said...

I love the picture of Korinne as a two-fisted drinker. Funny.

I must say that chocolate and orange juice together is an abomination! . . . but, whatever makes you happy.

Hilary said...

Lib, having YOU call ME a weirdo made me laugh out loud. :-)

Kate said...

Happy Belated B-day!!! Looks like you had the perfect day -- after all...perfect b-days are hard to come by as we get older and older! But, I'd eat sweets for breakfast ANY day!! Who wouldn't?? My fave? -- pie!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Happy belated national day of rejoicing hil-dog! It's Hilary campbell's day on Q-92, if you see Hilary today, tell her she's great!

You did call that in once right? Do they still do that on Q-92?

I'm jealous about the firehouse dinner!

Tricia said...

happy birthday

Tricia said...

I'm glad to see that you pulled through the day okay even though I didn't call. I'm usually so good at pretty much anything thoughtful.
(McKay)