Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weekend Update

I kept waiting for something blog worthy to happen this week, but each day came and went and I never did get inspired. Now it is Saturday and it has been almost a week since my last post. Since this doubles as our family journal I've decided to record all of the small stuff. Here it goes:

1- Britton has started Jr. Mustangs Basketball. His team name is the Wizards and he loves playing. . .almost as much as Jenna doesn't love having to sit through his games. They won their game this morning and Britton scored a few times so he was pretty happy.

2- Korinne decided one morning this week that she wanted to wear real underwear. Ok, I thought, if she is that excited let's go ahead and just get this potty training thing over with. 4 days later we tallied the score and found she had about 20 accidents and 0 successes-- I'm thinking we'll wait a little longer before we make another go of it. I'm all about waiting until they are 100% ready (this is code for if they can't get it in 2 days or less, I'll just wait). Potty training is NOT my thing.

3- Adam and I were called to be on the activities committee in our ward a few weeks ago (that would be the party planning committee for all of those "Office" fans out there). This week the committee head put us in charge of the food for the ward Christmas party on Dec. 6th with a hefty budget of $250.00 to feed about 300 people. Yes, we believe in miracles.

4- My kids accidentally discovered "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" on TV this week. It is an animated series based on Star Wars. They loved it from the start. When I tried to tell them that it was based on a series of movies made with real people they thought that was too weird and didn't want to watch any of the real movies. Go figure. I didn't mean to have my kids not know anything at all about Star Wars, it just kind of happened that way.

5- I filled up the car with gas today for $1.98/ gallon. It was awesome.

If you just read this whole post, you are a true friend. Until next time. . .

5 comments:

larah said...

Good luck with the Christmas party. At less than a dollar a person Dustin thinks you should do a potato bar. Although, some of the 300 are kids who won't eat a whole lot right? I am not envious of your job. What ever you do I am sure it will work out great.
Oh, and Star Wars? I think my kids just think it's a brand of toy you can buy at the store.

Kate said...

All right!! I am a true friend!!! Your tallying comment made me laugh...20 accidents and 0 successes....that is a landslide! Too funny! Oh well. I hate potty training too....thank goodness we are done with that...for a long while!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

$1.98 Gas?? That is definitely blog worthy!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Seriously, I was feeling pretty good about our $2.19 fill up yesterday.

I'm trying not to think about the fact that to heat my home I'm locked into paying 4.85 a gallon until June. In case you are wondering-- that's like 600 bucks a month for heating oil!

Malinda said...

I'm with you on the potty training. I'm dreading it. Abby is showing signs of readiness, but I'm sure not. I told Nate that there is no way I am starting for at least 4 months. I just don't have patience for cleaning my carpet 6 times a day and doing emergency laundry.

We just filled up for $1.93 a gallon. I did a little dance.