Sunday, October 5, 2008

October Sweet October

I love the month of October. Everything about October is cool. It's gorgeous outside, kids are still excited about school, it begins with General Conference, my birthday is in October (a.k.a. the "national day of rejoicing") and it ends with a holiday where everyone gives out free candy. What's not to love??

Speaking of General Conference I was so excited when President Uchtdorf announced that we would be hearing from Elder Carlos A. Godoy of the Seventy. He was called to the Seventy last conference so I knew we would get to hear from him eventually, but I had no idea that he would be speaking so soon! He was such an incredible Mission President so it was quite surreal to see him standing at the pulpit at General Conference. I admit it made me cry to see him there. I've always had such a great love and respect for him. It was the first time I've heard him give a talk in English--he did a great job!



He'll always be President Godoy to me.

Other notable events this week: My parents moved, my brother moved, my sister is moving in a few weeks. . .do you see a pattern here? We figured that in the space of a little over 2 months we have had 5 moves on my side of the family. So my brother in Florida and my sister in Texas are the only ones on my side who DIDN'T move. Crazy stuff.

Korinne was brushing my hair during conference and wasn't being very gentle. I winced one time and she put her face in mine and with a kind smile said, "You're Ok, Mom" and then went right back to pulling my hair. It made me laugh.

4 comments:

Malinda said...

You are almost famous. I will have to bump him to the top of my re-listen list.

So is Heather the sister that is moving in a few weeks?

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

diddo to Malin's comments, I was going to say the same thing...she beat me to it.

larah said...

Hey, you have created quite the buzz. Is it Heather? Oh, by the way...cute pictures on your sidebar. You have to give me the name of your photographer!

Tay and Jen said...

Diddo with the cute pictures! I LOVE October too! It's my favorite month...in Utah! A little different here on the other side of the globe.