I got them in the mail today and opened the box while Adam was away from home. What do you think? Do they look like me???
When he got back I put them on and walked into his office. As soon as he saw me he burst out laughing. Ahhh, I thought, I see that we are on the same page here. We laughed and laughed and said all of the usual "would you like some face with your sunglasses?" jokes. He said that he got the ones that weren't considered over sized. Well, I would really hate to see the ones that ARE over sized then! Needless to say they are going back (which is why I had to leave the tag on in the picture). It was good for a laugh, however. He got me 2 pairs and the other one is much better so I'm going to stick with it. It was a very thoughtful gift actually. I've been wearing a pair of slightly broken, totally out of style sunglasses my sister-in-law gave me 4 1/2 years ago from an unclaimed lost and found at a campus police station. It really is time for a change.
I'm fashion challenged enough to know I can't pull this look off. I'm not nearly rich or famous enough to wear ugly sunglasses.
11 comments:
You crack me up. You have such funny posts. Thanks for sharing this great gift idea...I'll have to pass it on to Riley.
That last line is SOOOOOO funny! I love those sunglasses! I actually just bought me some big ones like that cause of my eye surgery, and when I wear them I feel like paparazzi are following me around!
You look HOT Hil-dog! They are seriously awesome and I can't believe you are sending them back. Send them to me instead (Kidding)!
What a funny post!! You are so creative! And so brave of Adam to do such shopping!
Um, I actually really like them. I'd totally wear them.
Is it just me or do you look exactly like mom did in the 70's?
I'm kind of with Libbie here. They're hip. I see lots of girls wearing large windshield-like glasses every day on campus. Time to move beyond the flannel shirt era and into the safety sunglasses era. It took a few months of convincing to get Tricia to make the switch. I sleep better at night knowing that she is less likely to suffer and eye/cheek injury.
(McKay)
What? Flannel shirts aren't "in" anymore?? Yeah, I've been out of style since birth and am determined to continue down the path of the fashion challenged. . . .then again, there is a certain peace of mind that comes when you are allowed to wear "safety sunglasses" all day every day-- definitely something to think about. Hey, it is all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out, right?
When I saw the picture in this post I thought that you should do another picture comparison like you did with your baby picture and Korinne's. I say this because these glasses sure look a lot like mom's windsheilds in all the old family pictures.
And, I think the only time flannel shirts were in style was when they were worn by Al on Tim Allen's TV show Tool Time... but when you come visit us here you'll be glad to know that pajamas are in style all day every day!
You look Hot!!! - Seriously, I wouldn't wear them either.
My first thought I had when I saw your sunglasses picture was "Why in the heck did Hil not remove that massive bandaid on the outside of her nose before modeling her shades?" I'm glad you clarified that it was the tag...all you need is Clifford, the big red van, to complete your 70's look.
Post a Comment