I woke up this morning to find the scouts had placed a flag in our yard. This usually happens on holidays like Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day, etc. and for awhile I couldn't figure out why the flag was put there on a random Tuesday. Then it hit me. . .ahhh, today is Tuesday, September 11th. Wow, it has been six years. Where were you on that day? We all know where we were, what we were doing and who we were with. I was listening to a country music station in the car this afternoon when they started playing a bunch of songs about 9/11 with voice-overs in the music. Some of them were messages victims had left on answering machines while trapped in the towers, some were from kids, some were firefighters talking about all of their buddies who had died. It brought me back to that day and I started to get a little teary eyed. Then I looked at my kids. Britton was 3 weeks old when it happened. The girls weren't even thought of yet. Having me tell them about what is was like on that Sept. 11th will be like having my grandparents talk about Pearl Harbor. Anyway, it just kind of puts things in perspective.
This is the Ground Zero Flag on display in Washington D.C. over Memorial Day in 2002. Britton was about 9 mo. old in the picture with Adam.

Jenna started dance today. She will be doing tap and ballet and had a great time. Britton has another soccer game tonight. The fun never stops. A few days ago Jenna got in one of Britton's old soccer uniforms so the two of them could practice and play in the back yard. Only Jenna would make sure the shorts were tucked in properly and wear a matching necklace. Its all about the details when she puts her outfits together. Korinne saw me taking pictures and ran over to make sure she was in this one. It was almost as if she was saying, "Wait, shouldn't I be in this picture?" I'm not sure who she learned that from. . .Adam, I guess. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment