Saturday, September 22, 2007

A sad goodbye

A little over a week ago my cousin Loni was only 4 days away from her due date and happily awaiting the arrival of her first child. She noticed one night she hadn't felt the baby move for a few hours and when she went into the Doctor first thing the next morning her worst fears were realized, her son JP had died. She then had to endure a 15 hour labor before delivering the 8 lb 8 oz perfectly formed baby who would never take a breath. It has been a sad and difficult week. Adam worked with Loni's husband Troy a while back at Academy Mtg. so we know them quite well. We attended the viewing and graveside service yesterday for little John Paul "JP" Domina. As you can imagine it was very emotional.

You just don't see these things coming but I'm glad that Troy and Loni decided to have a funeral and invite all of us to mourn with them. I'm sure it will help provide closure and healing in the months and years ahead.

The tooth fairy is going broke at our house. Britton's teeth are coming out so fast he is starting to look like a real genuine hillbilly.


Two more of his front teeth are lose. They will probably come out right before his school pictures where he will be sporting a toothless smile. Meanwhile the tooth fairy has had to scramble when teeth come out just before bed and she realizes she doesn't have the correct change. . .or any change at all for that matter! Last time Britton got 14 pennies with his dimes and nickles. Good thing he thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Yesterday morning it was just me and the girls home and I got out my ABBA Gold CD so the girls could dance. They had never heard ABBA before and really loved it. I walked into the kitchen and Korinne was up on the counter dancing. She is such a funny kid. After putting her safely back on the floor I told Jenna my favorite ABBA songs were "Super Trooper" and "Dancing Queen." She proceeded to switch the CD to the song she said was her new favorite. It was "Money, Money, Money" . Um, I really hope it was the catchy tune and not the message that drew her in or we are really in trouble! :-)

1 comment:

Jeff & Liberty said...

I need a copy of that ABBA CD! I used to have one, but it was stolen. I had forgotten how much I liked it til you mentioned it.