Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for both Britton and Jenna. I took pictures of them in front of the house before we walked Britton to the bus stop. I had decided I didn't want to take my camera with me as to not look silly or overly sentimental. I was already kind of laughing at us because both Adam and I and the girls would all be there waiting with Britton for the bus. Well, I shouldn't have worried. When we got to the bus stop there were several parents there and everyone had their cameras and there were even a few camcorders. I guess times have changed because I can guarantee that none of that happened when I rode the bus to elementary school! After Britton left on the bus I took Jenna to Mrs. Stacey's preschool. She took great care to pick out just the right clothes and accessories this morning. She specifically requested 1 pink pony tail holder and 1 purple one. She had a necklace, a big ring, and new shoes with sparkles to complete the outfit. If this is how it is for preschool, we are REALLY in trouble when she hits Jr. High! Britton was just happy if he got his shoes on the right feet the first time.

1 comment:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Times have changed! I had a chuckle when I dropped Benson off at his new preschool for the first time. It hadn't even occurred to me to take a picture and yet every other parent there had a camera. I noticed one mom was a bit teary eyed. Maybe I'm heartless...but it's just preschool!I can only imagine what it will be like when he actually starts school. Jenna is so girly it cracks me up!