On Sunday mornings Adam and I have a goal to sleep in as long as we possibly can, our kids have a goal to get us up as early as possible. . .I'm sure you can probably guess who usually wins. This morning I woke up to Britton starting his usual morning tactic, "Dad, its 7:12. Come on Dad, get up." Adam is, of course, doing his best to stall, "Run out and get the paper and look and see who won all of the games yesterday." Britton was undetered, "Dad, it's now 7:15" Let me back track a little, when I said it was their goal to get US up as early as possible, I really meant to say HIM. Adam is the fun parent who is significantly more likely to make them a big and yummy breakfast, especially on a Sunday. With me they pretty much know they will get to decide between various cold cereals and oatmeal, but with Adam, the sky is the limit. If you were a kid, who would you try and wake up? Exactly. After a significant amount of coaxing and with Korinne crying in the other room and me pushing Adam out of the bed from my side while Britton is working from the other side he got up at 7:30ish. He laughed when I mumbled, "Thanks for taking one for the team." We all know once Adam is up they will always immediately leave the room and I have a few more minutes to rest. When I did get into the kitchen a few minutes later, everyone was happily eating their scrambled eggs, toast and hot chocolate. Not a bowl of cereal or oatmeal to be seen. A victory to be sure. There have been some Sunday mornings when I have come into the kitchen to see homemade cinnamon rolls rising. "Are you making cinnamon rolls from scratch?!?" His reply, "Yeah, they said they wanted cinnamon rolls." Like I said, who would YOU try and wake up in the morning?

Yesterday Britton had his first soccer game of the fall season. They have named themselves the Sharks and had a great time. The game was at noon but Britton was dressed in his uniform by 8:00 a.m. and stayed in it for the rest of the day. I think he even try to declare them to be his pajamas when it was time to go to bed. What a funny kid.
Adam and my Dad got tile layed in our main bathroom yesterday. We will still need to grout it tomorrow, but already you can see it will make such a difference. Yesterday marked our 4 year anniversary of moving into our current house. Wow, time flies! We realized that of the 14 siblings we have between the 2 of us, that only my sister Tiffany in San Antonio, Texas has lived in her house longer than we have lived in ours. Everyone else has moved at least once during that time and some a few more times than that. Perhaps that makes us boring. . .perhaps it makes us sane. I guess it depends on how you look at it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment