Jenna participated in a 2 week summer musical theater camp called "Sunshine Singers" put on by 2 friends of mine in the neighborhood. It was the first year they did it, but it was such a hit with the kids I think they plan to do it on a more permanant basis during the school year. I didn't know what to expect, but they went above and beyond. Jenna loved every minute of it and had a solo part in one of the songs and a speaking part during one of the song breaks. She is quite the little thespian.
For the entire 2 weeks Jenna has been coming home and teaching Korinne all of the actions to the song they learned that day. It was fun to see their enthusiasm. I know my friends put A LOT of work into the production and since they charged hardly anything for the camp I figure they were lucky to break even with their expenses. Wow. People who put together stuff like this "for fun" amaze me. I just need to remind myself that we all have different talents. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment