Last May I managed to get 2 tickets to the Broadway production of "Wicked" in Salt Lake City for this summer. Adam wasn't really excited about it so I decided that I would take Jenna with me. I like a good surprise so didn't tell her about it right away. Our tickets were for Thursday's matinee so on Monday of this week I played the "Wicked" soundtrack while making dinner just to see what she would do. She didn't know a single thing about the show but it only took about 30 seconds before she asked, "Oooh, what music is this?" I told her it was the soundtrack to a Broadway play called "Wicked". She kept asking more and more questions and then in a wistful tone said, "I sure wish I could see 'Wicked' someday. . ." Wow. This was working better than I thought. Adam came into the room a while later and could see that Jenna was deep in thought so he asked her what she was thinking about, "Oh, I was just imagining what it would be like to see 'Wicked'" Hook, line and sinker. By then she knew I had 2 tickets to the show and assumed I was going with my Mom so when I got out the tickets so she could see them and said, "This ticket is for me, and this ticket is for you" the look on her face was priceless. "Really??" After confirming that yes, it was for her she didn't stop hugging me for 3 days straight. Britton could see that something was going on and when I told him that I had a ticket for Jenna his face lit up. I really thought he was going to ask me if I had a ticket for him as well but all he said was, "That's perfect for Jenna!" Yes, yes it is.
We both loved the show. On a side note Jenna couldn't figure out why anyone would want to live in a city. Walking around downtown she concluded that there are too many people and cars and she preferred where we live. I had to smile to myself, looks like we have a small town girl on our hands. I'm sure it may change someday, but right now it's good to know she loves where's she's at.
3 comments:
Fun! Seeing wicked is still on my to-do list.
What a fun surprise! Last May two months ago or last May 14 months ago? Either way, I'm feeling pretty lucky that we were able to score some great tickets at the last minute.
Sounds like a great event to share as mother and daughter. Thanks for contributing and orchestrating our opportunity to see Wicked too.
Post a Comment