Sunday, July 15, 2012

Six months!

This little guy (or should I say big guy?) is six months old.  He tips the scales at 18 lbs 12 oz and is 27 inches long.  That puts him in the 75th percentile for both height and weight.  I often have people ask me how old he is and when I reply with "six months" they are visibly shocked. Yeah, he's big.  And he is strong, too.  It won't be too long before he is mobile and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Surprisingly Jameson isn't that into food.  It took us 5 or 6 tries to get him to eat oatmeal or rice cereal.  When we tried to give him squash, carrots and other vegetables his response was a look that said, "Why are you trying to kill me?" so I gave him some peaches to see what he would do.  He gagged.  Really? Peaches? We tried peaches 3 more times and each time he was having none of it. Finally I put some of the peaches in with his oatmeal and he reluctantly ate them.  So far he doesn't like anything and wouldn't eat food at all if we didn't keep giving it to him.  He is happy with a bottle, thank you very much.  I had visions of FINALLY having a child who wasn't a picky eater, but so far he has been the pickiest one. 

I think the days of putting him in a bouncy seat on the counter while I cook dinner are over.


He uses it as a time to do some sit-ups and see how far over he can touch.  We are going to have to do some serious baby-proofing around the house when he starts crawling.  I have a feeling he may be a human tornado.



2 comments:

Linn said...

Jameson is SO adorable!

The other day, some miscellaneous dad said to me, "Your baby is so cute. And he must be the exact age as our little boy. Eighteen months?"

Yeah. Nate is eight months. We like chubby babies at our house.

Kristen said...

He is cute. And he'll be on the move soon. Watch out!