The gavel has sounded and Jameson is officially ours! Our court appointment was at 8 a.m. on Friday morning and after the brief hearing Judge Quinn finalized Jameson's adoption. When we got back to my parents house my Dad asked if Jameson had received a "lifetime sentence" and we joked that he actually did receive a lifetime sentence--as a member of our family that is.
Within hours of getting the necessary paperwork from our morning in court we went to an even more important place, the Temple.
The Grandparents
The K-1 crew was all together for the first time since our Hawaii trip 2 years ago. Can you believe it has been 17 years since we were roommates in college??
Korinne has lost 3 front teeth in a row and is working on the 4th. All she wants for Christmas is her 4 front teeth!?
And just in case this wasn't enough for one day we went back to the house and Adam, both grandfathers and a Bishopric member stood in the circle to give Jameson his baby blessing.
Phew! THAT is what I call a big day.
9 comments:
That is a big day! Thanks for letting us be part of it. Jameson is adorable. You are lucky to have him and he is lucky to have you!
p.s. I know you get nervous about feeding a crowd, but the food was fabulous. I've been craving that salad all weekend.
Congratulations Campbell family! We wish we were there!! Jameson is one lucky guy to be part of your family. He really is all smiles! What a cutie. I'm glad the day went so well for you. What a wonderful experience for your family to be in the temple together! I'll bet you were just beaming. Hilary, you look gorgeous in these photos! Thanks for the post. . . we've been checking in all day, waiting for you to write. Love you all! - Tricia
It was an amazing day and a thrill to be a part of it! Congratulations to each member of your family. Jameson is a lucky guy!
wish we could have been there. what a great day.
Congratulations! We wished that we would have been able to celebrate with you. We hope to see you "little" guy some day. Take care. We love you guys.
So happy for all of you--what a wonderful day!
I am so glad that it all worked out to get the adoption finalized and to the temple the same day. I am glad we got to come. I do wonder what the judge thought when you asked to take a picture with him:)
I remember the judge at Sarah's adoption was happy to have his picture taken. He commented that most of his cases aren't so happy. I think adoption cases are the highlight of a judge's day.
Post a Comment