Friday, August 13, 2010

Jumping/ swimming through hoops

Last Friday was Korinne's last day of swimming.  They invite parents to observe on the 1st day of class and the last day of class so as to not distract the kids during all other lessons.  I went the last day to take a few pictures and "observe", what I didn't know is that they put on a little water show for the parents so the kids could show their parents all of the things they learned.  It was hilarious!  They started out by introducing each of the 4 swimmers in the class. After their introduction they jumped into the pool.  Here is a video of Korinne swimming through the hoop.  She was so excited about her goggles, now we just need to help her put them on right side up so they actually work.


Korinne loves the water and she loves to go under the water.  She was going under the water so often on her own that I was glad there was another adult in the pool who's only job was to be the lifeguard and make sure the kids are ok while the teacher is working one on one with the other kids.  In the end Korinne really started to learn to swim.  She had a huge smile on her face the entire time in the pool.

You know how kids sometimes use words incorrectly when they are learning correct grammer?  Usually if you repeat the same sentence back to them with the correct grammer they pick up on it after awhile and start using the word correctly. Well, we are going on our second year of Korinne using "her" exclusively when "she" is clearly the word that should be used.  I keep waiting for it to click, but it just hasn't.

"Mom, her said that I could go to her house and play."
"Oh, you mean she (emphasis added) said that you could go and play?"
"Yeah, her said it was Ok."

"She" never says or does anything, "her" always does.  It is still pretty cute, but I'm surprised at how long it has gone on.

"Her is coming over right now!"
"She is coming?"
"Yes, her is coming! Yea!"

Korinne has 2 girls her same age in the cul-de-sac and they spend a lot of time playing together. Hmm, I wonder if they use the word "she" correctly?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Way to go, Korinne! You are a great swimmer.