I've never been able to take a swimming class picture before.
Jenna is a fish. They let her borrow goggles during her lessons and now she is converted. She loves to drop rings to the bottom and then go after them.
Britton loved being able to jump off the diving board and go down the slide they have at the pool.
You can see him already going into a twist before he left the board.
I must admit that it is nice to have 2 of my 3 children proficient in the water. I might actually take them swimming more often now that I can spent more time reading a book and less time in the water.
Korinne still has another week to go, but is already demanding that I get her some goggles.
"Mom, I need goggles, Mom.
Mom, I really need goggles.
I sure love goggles.
Um, I think I need some goggles."
Ok, I've got it. You think you need goggles. I haven't made any promises which is why she keeps bringing it up. I guess this is what I get for taking them for lessons at a small privately owned pool. We never had this problem at the city aquatic center.
Adam has been promising the kids a campout. "Campout" meaning that they set the tent up in the back yard and sleep in it. About 3 years ago I discovered that we owned a tent. Yup, married for 7 years before I knew we had a tent in our possession. Well, Friday night I actually got to SEE the tent. It's actually pretty nice. Who knew? Anyway, Adam and I had just gotten home from the temple when he decided to deliver on his camping promise so he set up the entire thing up in his suit.
Nothing says camping like a good suit and tie.
On a side note Korinne still sleeps on the floor. She has been sleeping on the floor for almost 3 years now. Every night she takes a pillow and blanket off of her comfortable bed and puts it on the floor by her night light and falls asleep. Most nights her night light isn't even on. I never have been able to understand why she does it, but it doesn't look like she will be changing anytime soon. We often wonder why we spent the money on a bed in the first place. Kind of makes for an expensive decoration.
2 comments:
I'm glad we can still be friends even if we are at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to swimming pools and camping. :)
I highly recommend the Speedo Kids Boomerang Jr goggles from Kohls. We've had several different kinds of goggles at this house and they are by far the best. You should be able to get a great deal on them right now (if they still have them in stock).
My kids HATE to go swimming without their goggles. This should be a good time of year to be looking for some though.
Sounds like the campout was a lot of fun. I like the idea of letting the kids sleep in a tent while you get to enjoy your comfy bed. Best of both worlds if you ask me!
Post a Comment