Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Banned from HGTV

Adam and I are both training for the WB relay in June.  When the weather is too cold/wet to run outside I run on my treadmill.  This means that during the winter/spring months I do a lot of treadmill running. To pass the time I record all of my favorite shows from HGTV so my treadmill time = HGTV time.  I have already embraced my inner-dork that leads me to watch "House Hunters"* and "House Hunters International"* religiously.  It's all in the name of exercise after all, and I never saw a problem with it until this week.

Enter Korinne.

Korinne is my buddy during the day since Britton and Jenna are in school.  She hangs out with me when I'm exercising and enjoys doing Yoga (or "Yoda" and she puts it) on occasion.  She can even do the "downward dog" pose on demand. When I'm on the treadmill there are times when she watches "House Hunters" right along with me.  It was all fun and games until I was helping her get dressed on Tuesday morning.

"Mom, I need a bigger closet.  This closet is too small.  We should probably move."
What?!
"Korinne, your clothes don't even fill this closet. There is more room in here than you need."
"No, Mom, it is way too small.  I need a bigger closet."

Uh-oh.  "House Hunters" has officially poisoned my child!  Yesterday she told Adam that our house felt cold and that we should move to a bigger house.  When Adam told her that we would never be moving to a bigger house she said, "Then we need to move to a smaller house so I won't have to go up and down stairs."  Oh dear. Korinne is officially banned from HGTV effective immediately.

* For those of you unfamiliar with "House Hunters" they essentially take prospective homebuyers through 3 different houses and after showing the pros and cons of each home the buyers pick one. At the end of the show they show the family all moved in and loving their new house. The show talks about certain features that are important to each buyer (i.e. big closets).


Ever since I cut 10 inches off my hair over a month ago Korinne has been asking for a haircut. "My hair is way too long, Mom, I need to get it cut."  Not wanting her to "pull a Jenna" and cut it off herself I took her to the new kids haircut place that just opened not far from here.


She loved it so much that she had Britton and Jenna asking for haircuts when she finished telling them about it.  After I took this picture she asked me to go back to the front and sit down. "Mom, can you please go sit down up there?"  She was feeling way too grown up to have her Mom hovering. 

This girl really keeps me on my toes.

5 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

He he! TV can taint. I first realized this a few months after moving to VT.

Apparently Benson had seen the commercial for the water globe (an ugly ball on a stick that waters house plants) one too many times. He was passionate about wanting to purchase.

Hearing his spiel day-in-and-day-out for weeks was nauseating. He was so convinced it would solve all our troubles that I contemplated just ordering one.

Never mind that we have no house plants and it was 30 below outside.

The Ostheds said...

Where's the after picture of Korinne with her cute new haircut?!?

Kristen said...

Yes. I want to see Korinne with her new haircut. She is totally funny!

larah said...

Who knows, she may follow in her grandma's path (buying and selling homes). It sounds like she is off to a good start anyway!

Tay and Jen said...

Korinne is such a funny character. I'm glad Will and I could hang out with her lots that week we were there. She totally made me laugh!