Last night was the 1st Grade Patriotic Program at the elementary school. Jenna's class dressed as American Colonists and were standing in front of the stage. They sang American songs, "God Bless the USA", "The Star Spangled Banner", & Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" and then each class talked about a symbol of our country and what it means. The Flag, The Liberty Bell, Eagles, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, The Pledge of Allegience. I loved that the grand finale was "God Bless the USA". Take that ACLU! The kids did a great job and received a standing ovation.
Jenna was definitely in her element. A stage, lights, costumes, she loved it all. Her head bobbed to the music when other classes were singing and when she was singing she really got into it. I knew exactly where she was because her body was moving to the music.
Good job Jenna!
3 comments:
Those are fancy costumes to make for the whole first grade. I'm impressed.
I'm still laughing at "Take that ACLU!"
They are fancy, but they use the same costumes year after year so at least they don't go to waste.
So cute! I love Betsy Ross hats! I need to make myself one!
Post a Comment