This is what Britton looked like when he woke up this morning.
This is what he looked like when I checked him into school at 9:15 a.m.
He has started Phase I of his orthodontic treatment and had 6 brackets put on. Four in the front and 2 on his back molars. He went with red and blue brackets because he loves his country and decided to be patriotic. It will be an adjustment for him, but he was excited to get going.
Wow. I have a child with braces. In all fairness he is the first in his class to get them and the Orthodontist anticipates that Phase 1 will only last about a year and then he'll get them off. After a few more years, when the rest of his permanant teeth are in, they will go to Phase II and he will most likely get a full set of braces at that time. The hope, of course, is that doing Phase I will pull his front teeth "out of harm's way" so we aren't dealing with a broken tooth which is very common in active boys with front teeth as far out as Britton's, and that Phase II will be that much shorter and easier when the time comes.
Next up, a nice hair cut.
3 comments:
Sounds like the journey is just beginning! Good for you Britton, they look great!
Good luck, Britton. Glad you are up for the challenge. See you this weekend.
I think boys hair grows too fast!
Post a Comment