Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Crazy Day

Jenna's class had a "crazy day" today and they were supposed to wear their pajamas and do their hair all "crazy". Needless to say it didn't take her very long to get ready this morning.  She opted for a nightgown with pajama pants underneath and a warm and cozy robe.


Take a look at her crazy hair:


She loved it, but I must say that as she walked out the door I thought to myself, "I really hope we didn't get the dates mixed up on this one."  To add to the craziness of the day, this is what it looked like when she and Britton left for the bus stop.

I was very relieved when I arrived in her classroom about an hour later to help with reading groups to find all of the other children in pajamas with crazy hair, too.  Jenna's teacher was very happy because the entire class had done extremely well on the end of year tests they had taken the day before.  She pulled me aside before I left and showed me that Jenna had scored the highest in the entire class on the test. By the end of the year the state wants the kids to be at a 40 WPM in their reading and the school district wants them to be at a 60 WPM. Jenna came in at a 148. Way to go Jenna! I'm a proud Mama Bear. (Ok, I'm done bragging now. Sorry about that but I just couldn't help myself.)

This afternoon I was back at the school in Britton's class giving a presentation on China.  His teacher has been asking me to come in and tell them about my recent experiences in China.  The kids were really interested in everything I prepared so it ended up being a lot of fun.  I showed my pictures of the weird food in Beijing and they went crazy. At the end I gave them all a pair of chopsticks that I brought back from China and they were pretty happy. I'd say a good time was had by all.

Tonight I went to a stake leadership training meeting.  I was the first from my presidency to arrive and I sat down and waited for the meeting to begin.  When my first counselor walked in I saw that she was wearing a red sweater and a black skirt and since I was also wearing a red sweater and a black skirt I thought to myself, "Ah, I see that she got the memo".  A few minutes later my second counselor walked in and I just started to laugh (on the inside, of course).  Not only was she also wearing a red sweater and a black skirt, but she was wearing the exact same red sweater as my other counselor.  What a unified Primary Presidency we are!  That old saying must be true-- great minds really do think alike like me. Ha!

We were the only people wearing red and black in the entire room.  Really, what are the chances of that?  

Pretty crazy. 

7 comments:

Heather said...

Chuckle, chuckle on the red/black attire--worth the picture! Did you really have your camera with you?

Heather said...

Your phone, right?

Jeff & Liberty said...

That's why you always keep a camera on your person. You just never know.

Hilary said...

Actually it was Martina's phone. I'm sorry to admit that I was not personally prepared for such an ocassion. I've learned my lesson, though. You just never know. . .

larah said...

I love the idea of going to school in pajamas! I may have to suggest that one!

Great job Jenna on your reading! That is super awesome!

Love that you were all wearing red! That is pretty funny!

Tay and Jen said...

Laughed so hard on the clothing! Great job Jenna! So smart!

Tay and Jen said...

I went back to Beijing this week and took some people down the crazy food street. They couldn't believe it!