Friday, April 23, 2010

The Derby

We have officially entered in a new phase of life.

It's the Pinewood Derby, baby.  Britton participated in his first derby last night.  Adam not only helped him with his car--

but put on the whole event.  He is the Cubmaster for the second time and definitely knows how to put on a good derby.

We didn't have the benefit of lazer sensors at the finish line, but we did have instant replay.  Here are 2 Bishopric members looking at an instant replay of a close race. (Gotta love the iphone)


It was a fun, but hectic night.  Adam is relieved to have it over for another year. Between the derby, coaching 2 soccer teams, and being in charge of our ward's food storage order this month he has been a busy man.

I went to pick Korinne up from preschool and found a few aliens.


I love seeing the results of a good preschool project. It was very creative and as you can see Korinne loved it.


6 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Nifty idea for a craft. I may steal that one of these days. I'm not looking forward to scouting, but Benson on the other hand, can't wait.

Malinda said...

Those alien suits are too cute! I'm making a note of the green cellophane just in case I do a co-op preschool with Abby.

Tiffany Salter said...

Thanks for the idea! I am sure I will use it at some point.

Kristen said...

Such cute aliens! Wow on the derby and Adam. On top of it all, I was calling him to get some clients prequalified. What a guy!

larah said...

What a cute craft idea! I wish that I could think of stuff like that, but usually I just "steal" others ideas.

Emily said...

Gotta love cub scouts! Just be happy you only have one boy. We will be doing cub scouts non-stop until 2019. Yep, that's when we'll send our oldest on a mission. Ahhh, one phase leading to another!