Saturday, October 31, 2009

Boo!

In order to boost my blog entry numbers for the month of October I decided to hurry and write before the Halloween festivities tonight instead of after. Yesterday Korinne had a little Halloween party with her joy school. She decided to be Tinkerbell for her preschool party and a Dinosaur Halloween night.



Here are all of the kids in the Joy school singing songs for their program.




Britton and Jenna's school had a Halloween carnival Friday evening with families in lieu of having class parties during the school day. It was kind of nice not to have to go to the school and get my kids all dressed in costumes for a 30 sec. parade. We attended the carnival last night and while the kids had a great time I found myself suffering from "too many people in a small space" syndrome and couldn't WAIT to get out of the crowd. I guess that is what happens when they hold it inside the school instead of outside. (Yes, I am my father's daughter, only he wouldn't have even gone inside the school after seeing how many people were in each hallway!)



The kids ready for the school Halloween carnival.


This is the first year Britton has opted for a costume outside of my Mom's closet of awesome and warm Halloween costumes in every size. It is a good thing he wanted to be a vampire because my mom did have a cape and he only needed to wear a white church shirt and black pants. That is a costume I can do! The girls picked out of Grandma's closet. Yeah! Another year of worry free costumes. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when they have stronger opinions and I don't have the stuff on hand. Me, search for and actually buy a Halloween costume??? I shutter at the thought. As you can tell we LOVE Grandma's costume closet! It has served us well for 8 years now.

5 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Grandma's costume closet came in handy this year for us to! Usually Benson has his mind set on something that requires me to purchase some lame kit. I'm happy I didn't have to this year!

Malinda said...

I can't look at the Tinkerbell costume without thinking of Cyd's funny lingerie comment. :) Your kids all look great!

Kristen said...

I'm happy that the costumes are helpful. We loved spending the evening with your family.

larah said...

One of my fellow teachers told me after the Halloween parade at our school that teaching has officially ruined Halloween. I tend to agree, maybe an after school carnival would be better...then again...maybe not.

larah said...

Oh, after I made that last comment I noticed your new pictures on the side bar. Hope you liked what you got!