Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Here we go. . .

This was yesterday.

This is the same area less than 24 hours later.

What a difference a day makes. I've spent the entire day psyching myself up for another winter. There are some positive aspects to winter. . .I guess. I like to wear layers and I'm all about a nice comfy sweater. I also enjoy a nice cup of hot coco and I must admit it is a little annoying to have to slather my kids in sunscreen every time they go outside--looks like I'm off the hook on that one for at least a few months. Um, let's see. . .I'm sure there are more. . . . . . . . . .yeah, I may have to get back to you. The ideas aren't really flowing right now. I am determined, however, to have a positive attitude about the cold weather so stay tuned for a super duper list in the future. (Too bad I'm not a skier, that would make my list a lot easier to make.)

It just looks cold, doesn't it?

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

My boys are SO jealous, they keep praying we will get snow and that it will stick because they can't wait to go snowboarding. I, on the other hand, can wait!

larah said...

Yeah, I feel your pain. I too am not looking forward to the winter months! Unlike you, I am having a harder time trying to convince myself to have a positive attitude about it all!

Heather said...

I just noticed the new family pic...very nice! No snow here. Sunshine and blue skies...but it is getting colder outside...ugh.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I can't say I miss it! it's beautiful though. Loves the before and after shot of your back yard. your grass is so green, it didn't even have time to start to go dormant. The good news is there will probably still be some nice days in November! it's too early for full blown winter!

Anonymous said...

I SSSOOO want to have snow to go snowboarding!!
But OF COURSE it wont snow out in M.A.
Marissa Burt

Katie Jason said...

The snow is great. We haven't had anything that will stick to the ground out here. Love the new fall photos. Your family is beautiful!