I'm officially another year older which in theory makes me another year wiser, of course. Adam took part of the day off from work on my big day so I got to do things like take a hot bath and have a nap in the middle of the day while he watched Korinne. It was sublime. Adam made sure I had chocolate cake donuts for breakfast and Cafe Rio for lunch. He was prepared to let me have anything I wanted for dinner, but in my world a huge Cafe Rio salad is really a 2 meal deal so I wasn't hungry when dinner rolled around. OK, so I might have squeezed in a few treats, but just a few. (Ha!) Adam knows exactly what I like and always comes through. I make it easy for him, however, because I'm a cravey (is that a word?) person and I go through phases. There has been the salt water taffy phase, the Little Debbie nutty bars phase, the chocolate cake donut phase, the Cafe Rio salad phase, and the chocolate covered cinnamon bears phase. On any day Adam can tell you exactly what phase I'm in. (Now you know why I have to run marathons) All he has to do is walk in the door with one of the above items and he is a super hero. Unfortunately for me Adam isn't cravey or phasey. (I'm creating my own words here, but you're following, right?) What's his favorite breakfast/lunch/dinner? Um, I dunno. He likes everything. I do know he loves orange juice but I can hardly plan a day around that now can I? My birthday and Mother's Day are great days because he always makes sure I have plenty of the things that I'm craving at that time, but when I try to make his birthday special I'm stumped time and time again. It's an injustice, really. When do I get to be the super hero? Ok, I digress.
This weekend we attended the Kim and Ben wedding part 2, an open house in SL. We got to spend some time with members of Adam's family and the kids had a little bit more cousin time. I forgot to take my camera this time so sorry, no pictures.
The weather is getting colder. I think there is a chance of snow this week. Yikes. I don't think I'm ready for winter yet, but I guess that doesn't really matter, now does it? So, here we go again. . .
6 comments:
Chocolate cake donuts and Cafe Rio? Ahhh.. my favorites too! But I'm not too phasey about it. They are staples! I knew there was a reason I liked you so much! Happy Birthday!
P.S. I have been looking at marathon training schedules today!! Training starts for Ogden in a few weeks!!!
What a great birthday! I hope you splurged on water and took a bath in the big bathtub. :)
I can't believe you didn't mention a birthday when we saw you! How unlike you! ha, ha.
Anyway, I put a few pictures on our blog. I am still working on them and it might be another week before I get them in the mail, so I thought you might like a look at a few of them. I hope that there is at least one photo that will work for you.
Glad that the reception went well and the kids had fun.
I'm going to have to try chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
I know it was your birthday last week, but I forgot to send birthday wishes. So . . . happy birthday. It sounds like you had a great one!
Glad your cravey needs were fulfilled on your big day! We got disconnected on our conversation...but considering how much we both LOVE the phone it's sort of a miracle that half a conversation took place.
Post a Comment