This oh so coveted Saints & Sinners medal is from the Ragnar Relay Series. What did I do to earn this heavy (and did I mention coveted?) piece of hardware? I went down to Las Vegas with my crazy running friends from High School and ran a 171 mile relay in the desert. Why did I do this? To earn this coveted medal, of course! So when I say "Here she is" what I really mean to say is, "HERE SHE IS!!!!!!"
What? Running 5 miles at 2 o'clock in the morning after running through the desert in 80 degree heat the day before and then running again the next morning after only an hour and a half of sleep doesn't appeal to you? That is where we differ, my friends, because to me it actually sounds like a good time. After the Wasatch Back in June (The 180 mile relay from Logan to Park City), the organizers of the race announced a new relay that was kicking off in Vegas in October. All of the runners that ran the Wasatch Back and then ran the Vegas Ragnar in the same calendar year would receive an extra (and might I add special) medal--the "Saints & Sinners" medal. My WB team decided that we were going to go for it. Since not all of our teammates could make the trip we teamed up with another car of runners from Arizona who had run the Del Sol relay earlier in the year. Here we are just moments after meeting for the first time.
Just in case you couldn't tell, orange was our signature color. Against a desert background we were able to see our runner from literally miles away. We had a blow horn and looked absolutely ridiculous.
Adam was great and didn't think twice about letting me travel and run another Ragnar Relay. Not only that but I came home to a clean house and happy kids. And when I say clean I mean clean. He had cleaned out the garage, the pantry and hall closet, and the kids were bragging about the extra things they had cleaned, "Mom, I cleaned the whole playroom by myself!" and "Mom I cleaned out and organized 4 kitchen drawers and the plastic container cupboard!" Fabulous. Maybe I should run more relays. Ha! Just kidding. But Adam really is my hero. They don't come any better than Adam.
7 comments:
AWESOME Hilary! And it does sound fun to me, actually. I'm so impressed that you did it injured though. You are amazing. I ran 4 miles this Saturday. I'm working my way up, some day I wanna be just like you! ;)
Congratulations, AGAIN! Getting the medal too is awesome. I can't believe I didn't wake up when you left this a.m. so I'm glad I stayed up to see you last night. Guess I was really tired.
Looks like a party! Um, just where did Alma score that Mr. T shirt?
Amazing Hil-dog! Looks like a party!
I think you need to come do the ironman next! The world championship ironman is here on our island every october (yesterday). Pretty insane (which would mean fun for you)!
Nice job! I don't understand you running types, but I am impressed. It makes me want to leave town for a couple of days so Nate has a chance to clean our whole house. :)
p.s. Have you been tanning? I notice no glow in that picture.
Way to go! I love the outfits! How did your leg fair during the race?
I think it might even be worth the run for me to come home to a deep cleaned house and then I remember I wouldn't come home to a clean house. Oh MAYBE the dishes would be done but after three days Josh would have for sure dropped the kids off at my parents or his. Adam sets a high standard! You go girl!
Post a Comment