Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I voted
It's election day. I live in a town of 6,000 people so all we voted for today was a new mayor and 2 city council people. I am a firm believer in voting in every election whether it be a primary or the final election. Having said that the last thing I wanted to do tonight was get in my car and drive to the voting place and vote. It was one of "those" days and I'm tired and worn out and the only thing that sounded good was taking a bath and going to bed. I didn't feel strongly about any of the candidates and it would have been super easy to just not go. Why did I go then? For the same reason that I actually get emotional every time I go to vote, no matter who or what is on the ballet. Do you know how many people have died so that I CAN go and vote?? How can I possibly throw that away? They put their lives on the line and they fought and a lot of them died. We have it good and we don't even appreciate it. I refuse to forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice for me. So, I put on my coat and went out into the darkness and voted for our city mayor. And you know what? I feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You go girl! I think the turn out for this election will be really grim. I voted too. I was thinking I may have been the only person in my 30's to show up.
Seriously. It took me 12 minutes round trip to vote, that was including driving from my house. You can imagine how long it took then to vote. :) I'm glad you went though. I get disappointed with the lack of voting.
I am very impressed! Having moved all around to different countries and not being a US citizen I can't vote anywhere. It really is a privilege!
You are awesome.
You put it so well. I think it's sad that everyone sits around and complains but they don't take the time to vote. You know how I feel about voting and sending faxes to congressmen, etc. Thank you for voting!
Post a Comment