They are lucky to have each other. Sisters by birth, friends by choice.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Thoughtful
Jenna has been saving her money and told me yesterday that she really wanted to go to the store and buy a toy with her own money. I was heading to the store at that moment so I told her to grab a jacket and come with me. At the store we spent a lot of time looking at all of the options. She had $11.00 and I must admit I loved seeing her be very practical, "Mom, these are all too expensive, let's go down here." I let her have free reign and didn't influence her in any way. It was her money and she could decide what to do with it. She picked out a Mulan Barbie that was about $7.50. As I went and picked up the few items I needed Jenna found some skittle flavored chapstick for her and Korinne with her remaining money. I thought it was kind of her to think of Korinne. (Jenna has always been very thoughtful that way.) Anyway, she went through the checkout by herself and paid with all of her 1 dollar bills. When we got home she gave Korinne the little chapstick and Korinne was so thrilled she cried, "Oh I love it! Thanks Jenna!" Right then and there Jenna handed her the plastic bag, "I got this for you, too, Korinne." Korinne opened the bag and could hardly contain her enthusiasm "Mulan? Oh, I love it so much! Is this for my Birthday??" (Her birthday is in less than 2 weeks) This is the part of the story when my jaw dropped. I had no idea that Jenna was going to give the toy that she had been saving for to Korinne. The rest of the night Korinne happily played with her Mulan Barbie and Jenna looked very pleased.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a sweet girl!
What a sweet thing to do! I love that you shared that story.
Jenna is so kind! Totally a mommy pay day.
that brought tears to my eyes. what a sweet girl Jenna is.
Wow, Jenna! What an awesome sister you are. I love you "the Most".
Tay just told me he would adopt Jenna in a heartbeat. He's always said that. We love sweet Jenna so much.
Post a Comment