Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Big 4


My baby is 4 years old. Wow. Time flies. By the time Britton was 4 Jenna was 2 1/2 and I was 6 months pregnant with Korinne. Korinne is more than happy to be the baby of the family, so I guess it is good that she always will be.

Grandma and Grandpa P came up last night to celebrate. We all went out to eat at the Golden Corral. My kids were introduced to the world of buffet restaurants a few weeks ago and it was love at first bite. Getting to pick everything they wanted coupled with an unlimited dessert bar was more than enough to have them declaring their love for the Golden Corral (picture Annie singing, "I think I'm going to like it here!" and you get the idea). It was Korinne's last day being able to eat for free, so we decided not to pass up the opportunity.

We asked Korinne what she wanted to have for her Birthday dinner. She replied, "Um, apples. . . .and um, peanut butter sandwiches." Well, Korinne, your wish is my command. I even threw in some crackers and root beer. Jenna sat down to eat and actually said, "This is the best dinner EVER!" It's official, I'm never cooking again. If my kids pick PB & J when they can have anything then my services are no longer required.

The Birthday feast.
We got Korinne a cat. Yes, you read that right, a cat. Now before you go thinking that we've changed our ways when it comes to pets we should probably clarify. When we say cat, we really mean "stuffed" cat. Let's be serious, we will never change our pet policy. Never.
She loves her cat. And when she asked for a cat for her birthday, she actually meant a stuffed cat. Our kids have never once asked for a real pet. In fact I have overheard Britton say, "Who would even want a pet?" more than once. My thoughts exactly.
We let Korinne frost her own birthday cake. She loved it and felt so grown up.

Happy Birthday Korinne!

7 comments:

Malinda said...

Happy Birthday to Korinne! Looks like a fabulous day. I love easy to please kids . . . a stuffed cat and peanut butter sandwiches. That's g-r-e-a-t, great!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Happy Birthday!!!

larah said...

Happy Birthday Korrine! Love the PB&J dinner!

Heather said...

Sending birthday wishes to Korinne from this house! We're looking forward to seeing ya'll in a few days...

Tiffany Salter said...

Happy Belated Birthday Korinne! I remembered at like 11 pm and didn't think you would want me to call then. Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Kristen said...

A stuffed cat. How wonderful! At least you have a vacuum to clean up the cat litter. Happy Birthday!
Saturday was fun!

Tay and Jen said...

stuffed cats are much less messy if they are caught under the garage door....good thinking