It has been over a week since my last blog post. I use this as our family journal so I feel like a slacker when I don't post, but every once in awhile I can't think of a single thing to blog about. So, here is a random list of happenings for the week:
1- I went with my Mom and sister, Heather, to the Women's Conference at the Conference Center. It was a party.
2- Korinne keeps going into Adam's office during the day and turning up the music really loud so she can dance to it. Sometimes she has it so loud I'm sure the neighbors can hear it. Unless Adam is on the phone he just tunes it out and keeps working--truly amazing.
3- Jenna filled in at the last minute for a sick kid and gave a talk in Primary on Sunday. She did a great job.
4- In Sacrament meeting on Sunday they announced a special session of Stake Conference will be held on November 15th. (They are going to split our stake) That is all well and good, unless you are the Primary President and the date announced is the date scheduled for the Primary Sacrament Meeting program. The only other date to have it is the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Should be interesting.
5- Britton put holes in 2 pairs of his jeans this week. Aghh.
6- The kids started yet another chore chart last week. They did pretty well, but there is room for improvement.
7-Adam made a fabulous Sunday dinner while I was attending meetings. When I got home it was on the table and ready to go. Awesome.
8-Korinne continues to believe that rules don't apply to her. Seriously, we've got to find a way to get past this.
9- I have been resting my IT band so I can run the Vegas Ragnar Relay in 2 weeks. Last Thursday I did something I've never done before-- I went lap swimming at a local pool. Wow. I have absolutely no swimming skills. The 40 people doing water aerobics in the other half of the pool probably got a great ab workout laughing at me. I felt like a fish out of water except I was actually IN water. Does that make sense?
10- I finally got texting on my phone. I was kind of surprised at how excited I was to get it. I've officially entered the 21st century. Go ahead, text me!
That is all. I'm hurting myself trying to think of other blog worthy events. Hopefully I'll be more inspired next week.
4 comments:
I have unlimited text but no one ever texts me, so I get thrilled when I actually get one. So, you can practice by texting me. 801-735-6096
You've just zoomed past me in the technology department. No texting here!
Um, I don't know if I've ever seen you swim. That workout is proof of how dedicated you are to these races! Would you be interested in the Red Rock Relay they do in Southern Utah? (Next Sept?)
Chore chart reform at our house is as painful as health care reform in Washington. We struggle.
We're ready for new chore charts in this house too. I've fallen into the "it's easier to just do it myself" trap. Time to whip these kids back into shape.
I had to enter the texting age when it was the ONLY way to communicate with Matt. He didn't listen to voice mail or answer the phone but he would text. It is nice though because if my family needs to communicate with me while I am working they send me a text and I check it on my 5 minute breaks between classes. Lots less disruptive. Enjoy it!! I have been trying to bring your mom into the texting age.
Post a Comment