Saturday, September 12, 2009

Historic and Yucky--but not in that order.

The yuckies have made their rounds at our house this week. Adam was down and out on Wednesday with a fever and aches and then both Korinne and I have been out of commission the last couple of days with a nasty bug. When it comes to begin sick I would rather be down with a fever than be up all night throwing up, but alas it was not to be. Adam joked that I always have to "one up" him when it comes to getting sick. So, he got the fever and Korinne and I got to stay up all night throwing up. Don't worry, though, Adam paid his dues by staying up with Korinne and cleaning up every time she "missed." He's a good man.

This afternoon I thought I was pretty much over my sickness and I had heard about the CV Historic Home tour going on today. I thought it sounded like great fun to tour 6 historic homes around the town. My plan was greeted with so much enthusiasm that every member of my family opted NOT to go with me. (It is still Libbie-esque if I have to go solo?) So off I went on my merry way drinking in the history of our town. It was fascinating and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, right up until I got to the last house and realized that I had probably done too much too soon. It was clear I wasn't up to full strength after being sick for a couple of days. When I got home Britton said, "Where have you been?" I showed him all of my little pamphlets and papers which was promptly met with a look that simply said, "Yeah, I'm glad I opted out of that." Mostly he was disappointed that I was gone for 2 1/2 hours and didn't return with grocery bags or anything. "You were gone that long and didn't even go to a store?" Shocking, I know.

2 comments:

larah said...

It seems like people are getting the nasty little flu bug earlier this year. Maybe if I but garlic on my door it will pass our house over?! Hope you are all feeling better now!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Cool tour...I would have joined you for that one.

Hope y'all are feeling better.