Monday, September 7, 2009

Off to the beach. . .

I have a sister who has seen about every square inch of the northeast. She lives in Vermont and often takes her family out on little Libbie adventures. Her blog is replete with pictures of every factory in the entire region that offers a tour, any historical spot she can find (her heart goes pitter patter when she sees a sign that says "historical marker"), quaint village shops and every fair/festival/community gathering known to man. She must know Vermont like the back of her hand and she has only been there for a year! Well, today was Labor Day and just like usual we didn't have any plans, so I thought to myself, "Self, what would Libbie do?" Libbie, I concluded, would go to the gorgeous blue turquoise lake that is an hour from our house, which we had never even been to! It's true, it's only an hour from our house and has beaches and great swimming places for kids and we had never been there. So this morning I threw the swimming stuff in the car and we went exploring. It was so Libbie-esque that I just KNOW she would be proud of us. Here we are swimming in the lake.




Jenna loved collecting sea shells and the kids had a great time playing in the mud and building sand castles. It was a great day. Now if I could just figure out what Libbie would do next weekend. . .

5 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

The pressure!

Next weekend we're headed to the beach...so I guess you guys are already a step head. Bravo!

You guys really need to plan a trip this way...

Malinda said...

Way to be spontaneous! Sounds like a great day. Did you run into my in-laws? They were all at that gorgeous blue turquoise lake this weekend.

larah said...

I love that lake! What a fun place to take the family! It looks like it was a beautiful day! Yeah for you!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

IT looks like you had a great time!! Can't wait to hear about NEXT weekend!

Tay and Jen said...

The water looks nice. We don't go into any of the water around here. Pools only. Anything else would not be safe for your health.