Britton started the first grade this week. His teacher for the next few weeks is Ms. Hansen and she's great. I had a "uh oh, what have we done" moment when I found out that his ALPS class has only 15 students. A first grade class IN UTAH with only 15 students and a teacher with 25 years of experience and an endorsement in gifted and talented instruction!? Can I transplant this situation to go with our new house, please? Alas, it cannot be done. I was feeling really bad about taking him out of such a great set-up after only a few weeks, but realized he will be just fine in his new school. It won't be as ideal, but I'm sure it will all work out. When I asked him what his favorite part of the day was when he got home he responded the same way everyone else's kids responded, "lunch and recess." Really, did anyone else actually get a different answer? Most likely not. It's pretty standard.Jenna met with her Kindergarten teacher on Wednesday and is super excited to start this next Tuesday. She and Korinne have had a lot of quality girl bonding time. The other day I caught them carrying their backpacks to their room from the basement full of dress ups and other treasures. I found out by listening in that they were "moving to the castle" having just married princes and were unpacking and preparing for life as princesses. It was precious.
3 comments:
Hard to believe Britton is a first grader! Tis' true...he'll do well no matter the school. I'm sure Anna would have loved to have joined the 'princesses' preparing for their future lives of bliss!
I'm slowly but surely trying to catch up on blogs...glad the kids are enjoying their litle stint in the J;) school district before heading north...
Oi... nossa o tempo passa muito rápido não é mesmo... em 3 meses, Rafael vai ser batizado, dá para acreditar????
Britton está tão grande já, novas conquistas!
Saudades de você, muitas mesmo!
Precisamos nos falar de novo!
Amo sua família!
Post a Comment