Yes, tornadoes. Ever since Britton learned about tornadoes a few years ago he has been deathly afraid of them. Last night he came into our room at about 3 a.m. and said to Adam, "Sorry to wake you up in the night, Dad, but I'm just so scared of tornadoes right now." Apparently he had a dream about a tornado coming and woke up pretty scared. I remember when I grew up my parents used to say things like, "A tornado would never happen here because of the mountains." (Unfortunately that all went out the window when one touched down in downtown SLC in 1999, so we can't use that one) Britton was fine after a few minutes and went back to bed shortly thereafter. This morning I thought it was so cute when he woke up and kept apologizing for coming in and waking us up last night. "I'm sorry Dad, I was just so scared." It was thoughtful and heartfelt. Now, if we could just get Korinne to follow suit! She marches right in almost every night and tries her best to sneak into the bed without us waking up. As soon as we notice her she gets banished to the floor, but not without some struggle. She feels it is her duty to wake us up several times in the night and is too young to feel any remorse. Adam gets the brunt of all of this, of course, because the kids always go to his side of the bed when they need something during the night. I have actually learned to sleep through some of it.
Jenna has always been our best sleeper. Not only does she consistently sleep in well passed Britton and Korinne, but even if she does come into our room during the night (which is not often) she quietly makes a bed on the floor next to our bed and doesn't wake us up at all. How very thoughtful.
2 comments:
your kids are cute. I love it when they are like...oh hi mom...acting all innocent when they are doing something they know they shouldn't be. Looks like they keep you very busy. I am nervous for the day when ethan can come into our room at night. It is going to scare me! He is still in his crib and he will be 3 in 14 days
That is cute that he was so apologetic. Our kids come in all the time and we never hear any apologies!
Post a Comment