Sunday, July 27, 2008

3 Saturdays

Britton came down the stairs this week and said, "Mom, Korinne is on the refrigerator." I replied with, "Don't you mean IN the refrigerator" and he said, "No, she's ON the refrigerator." This is what I found:


When I found her she just looked at me and said, "Hi Mom" like being on the fridge was the most normal thing she could be doing. What a crazy kid.

We felt like we had 3 Saturdays this week. Thursday was July 24th which felt like a Saturday because Adam had the day off and we played with cousins and had dinner at my parents house. Here are the cousins after the "Crazy Costume Show" they put on for us. (They got such a great response from the adults they put on 2 encore shows) Their creations included the Elvis Presley Horse, the Graduating Koala with prizes, and the fly swatting Asian lady. Clever, Clever.

Our 2nd Saturday was on Friday when we went to Logan to check on the house and then stopped by Lagoon on the drive home. It was our stake Lagoon day so while we didn't pay for admission we did use the free tickets they give you for the Tilt-a-Whirl, Carousel, Musik Express, and the Train. We even fit in a show! We were there for a few hours in the evening and only had to pay for parking. We were DEFINITELY the poster children for cheap Mormons everywhere. We had to laugh at ourselves as we ripped out the little tickets to give to the ride operators. But, the kids were happy and had fun so we were happy. We did decide, however, we would go back another time and actually pay to go on all of the rides.

Our 3rd Saturday was yesterday. We had an open house and made it more of a work day. I went with my parents and my sister-in-law Tricia to see the MoTab/Osmond's concert at the Conference Center last night. It was awesome. Adam said he was more than happy to chill with the kids at home. So, a good time was had by all.

I think I'm converted to having 3 Saturdays in a week.

3 comments:

Tiffany Salter said...

Glad to see my tickets went to good use!

Malinda said...

I can't wait to read your blog when Korinne is a teenager. That girl is going to give you a run for your money.

Good work on the $8 Lagoon trip. That place has definite money-sucking potential.

Jeff & Liberty said...

I was going to say the same thing as Tif...but maybe my tickets went to a neighbor! Jenna looks so old in that lagoon picture!