Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bus Duty

Another day, another snow storm. I'm on morning bus stop duty this week which means that I get to be the parent who waits with the kids for the bus and makes sure that everything is in order. On Monday it was bitter cold and snowing and the bus came 20 minutes late! Hopefully the rest of the week won't bring any more surprises. The snow is never ending. Korinne seems to be the only one who hasn't been affected in any way by the cold weather and snow. She rarely lets us put a coat on her when we are going out to the car (she doesn't like to feel squished in her car seat), and she always takes her shoes and socks off while I'm driving so when I get somewhere there is my 2 year old without a coat or shoes and socks during a 15 F snowstorm--and, of course, she does it all with a smile on her face.

A great thing about Korinne is that she still loves taking naps. All I have to say is, "Korinne are you ready for a nap?" and she will nod her head and let me carry her to the bedroom where she lays down on the bed and immediately goes to sleep. We are talking zero resistance. It is so nice! Monday she looked tired so I was putting her down for a nap when I realized that it was my day to pick up the kindergarten carpool in a half hour. I said, "Oh Korinne, we've got to pick up the kids today, your nap will have to wait." She understood and sat up in the bed and started to get down, but as soon as we arrived back home she went right into her room to lay down. Ahh, a girl after my own heart! (I never get to nap, but I would love it if I could!)

1 comment:

Sonia Lopreiato Piros said...

Oi,
Elder Ferreira fez um video muito legal sobre a missão e está no Youtube, quando puder veja!
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=MBQ3mV4kccA
Saudades,