A few nights ago Britton was running around and hit his head against the kitchen counter. It made a little cut and though is wasn't a big one it bled quite a bit being a head wound and all. Each time we thought it was done bleeding we would check after a few minutes and notice a little more blood. You can imagine Britton anxiety at his "massive head wound that wouldn't stop bleeding." As we were getting ready for bed Adam was trying to think of a way to bandage it so it wouldn't get any drops of blood on his pillow. A typical band aid wouldn't do as it would pull his hair coming back off. We found a bit of gauze but didn't have a way to keep it on the right place. Adam swung into action and it was almost as if I could hear the theme song to the 80's show "MacGyver" where Richard Dean Anderson could do anything with duct tape and a ball point pen. Remember that show? Anyway, Adam got out a dishcloth to wrap around Britton's head keeping the piece of gauze in place but quickly discovered it was too short to tie it around Britton's head. Does that stop MacGyver?? I think not! Adam got out 2 dishcloths and proceeded to tape them together with masking tape. He then tied it around Britton's head and considered it a victory. By this time I am laughing out loud-- It was all too much! Britton's head wasn't even really bleeding, it was just a precaution. 

I thought to myself there was no way Britton would be able to sleep with a 2 dishtowels tied around his head, but this was what I found when I checked on him later that night.
He was sleeping soundly, dishtowels and all. The pillow was saved after all! :-)
1 comment:
Nice work Adam!
I didnt know that masking tape was in Mcguyver's tackle box.
Good to know
I hope Britton is feeling ok. from the looks of his smile, i think he is doing good.
Dan
Post a Comment